Scientific Revolution Vocabulary! Let's begin a New Unit!
What is this Time Period? The Scientific Revolution - A period of time toward the end of the Renaissance when new ideas in Math, Science, Physics, and Philosophy came into being *People questioned ideas and beliefs that had been accepted in the past *People were no longer afraid of the mysteries of "why" (1500s-1700s) ?
1. Scientific Revolution A period of rapid scientific discoveries and changes in the late 1500s-1700s.
2.Science Science - Any organized study of the natural world and how it works
3. Theology The study of God and religion.
4. Theory An explanation of how or why something happens
5.Scientific Method Orderly way of collecting and analyzing evidence
6. Physics The study of forces and attractions
7. Astronomy The branch of science that deals with celestial objects, space, and the physical universe as a whole.
8. Natural Law the use of reason to analyze human nature
9. Sir Isaac Newton English physicist,mathematician, astronomer, natural philosopher, alchemist and theologian Famous for: -the Law of Gravity/Motion -First Telescope
10. Heliocentric Theory •Nicholas Copernicus develops the heliocentric theory—planets revolve around the sun
11. Galileo Galilei Italian physicist,mathematician, astronomer, and philosopher who played a major role in the Scientific Revolution *Made improvements to the telescope *Father of Observational Astronomy and Physics *Supported Copernicanism
12. Anton Van Leeuwenhoek *The First Micro Biologist *Made the first usable microscope *The first to see and describe bacteria We can thank him for helping pave the way for curing a lot of common illnesses and diseases!
Once you finish you title pages: Create a story using fiveof either your vocabulary words or scientists. Pretend you are a scientist from the scientific revolution. What area of science would you want to contribute? WHY? What scientists would you choose to work with At least 8 sentences Draw a picture