Litigate: Trial Cost-$100k - PowerPoint PPT Presentation

slide1 n.
Download
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
Litigate: Trial Cost-$100k PowerPoint Presentation
Download Presentation
Litigate: Trial Cost-$100k

play fullscreen
1 / 2
Litigate: Trial Cost-$100k
118 Views
Download Presentation
alexandra-zane
Download Presentation

Litigate: Trial Cost-$100k

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript

  1. Win (+$0); 30% chance Lose Big (-$1,000k); 50% chance Litigate: Trial Cost-$100k Lose Small (-$300k); 20% chance Note: The probabilities of all uncertain outcomes must add up to 100% Settle; -$600k Win; $0 EV Litigate: Trial Cost-$100k Lose Big; -$500k EV Lose Small; -$60k EV -$660 EV -$600 EV Note: To calculate expected values, work backward (right-to left) in a decision tree Settle; -$600k

  2. Decision Trees