SHARING THE VISION. EFFECTIVE THINKING REQUIREMENTS:. HABITS OF MIND. THINKING SKILLS. COGNITIVE TASKS THAT DEMAND SKILLFUL THINKING. THINKING SKILLS. CONTENT. 1. PERSISTING Persevering on a task even though the resolution is not immediately apparent. Stick to it!.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
EFFECTIVE THINKING REQUIREMENTS: HABITS OF MIND THINKING SKILLS COGNITIVE TASKS THAT DEMAND SKILLFUL THINKING THINKING SKILLS CONTENT
. 1. PERSISTING Persevering on a task even though the resolution is not immediately apparent. Stick to it!
2. MANAGING IMPULSIVITY Acting with forethought and deliberation. Take your time!
3. LISTENING WITH UNDERSTANDING AND EMPATHY Devoting mental energies to understanding others’ thoughts and feelings. Understand others!
4. THINKING FLEXIBLY:4. THINKING FLEXIBLY Changing perspectives, generating alternatives, considering options. Look at it another way!
5. METACOGNITION Being aware of your own thoughts, feelings, and actions and their effects of on others Think about your thinking!
6. STRIVING FOR ACCURACY Desiring exactness, fidelity and craftsmanship. Check it again!
7. QUESTIONING AND POSING PROBLEMS Having a questioning attitude. Developing strategies to produce needed data. Finding problems to solve. How do you know?
8. APPLYING PAST KNOWLEDGE TO NEW SITUATIONS Accessing prior knowledge and transferring it to novel situations. Use what you’ve learned!
9. THINKING AND COMMUNICATING WITH CLARITY AND PRECISION Striving for accurate communication in written and oral form. Think Clearly!
10. GATHERING DATA THROUGH ALL SENSES Using all sensory pathways: gustatory, olfactory, tactile, kinesthetic, auditory, visual. Use your natural pathways!
11. CREATING, IMAGINING, INNOVATING Generating new and novel ideas; fluency, originality. Try a different way!
12. RESPONDING WITH WONDERMENT AND AWE Finding the world fascinating, mysterious, intriguing and phenomenal. Awesome!
13.TAKING RESPONSIBLE RISKS Being adventuresome. Living on the edge of one's competence Venture Out!
14. FINDING HUMOR Finding whimsy, incongruity and playfulness. Laughing at yourself. Laugh a little!
15. THINKING INTERDEPENDENTLY Working with and learning from others in reciprocal situations. Work together!
16. REMAINING OPEN TO CONTINUOUS LEARNING Having humility and pride in admitting there is more to learn. Resisting complacency. Continue to learn!
Teaching Of Habits of Mind Activities
Stages of Development • Literacy • Recognition • Personalizing • Prediction • Reflection • Internalizing • Habituating
Learning activities followed by feedback to group. • Alternate activities on Break out Tables • Building Collective Understandings