The climate change program in LAC. Use of the earth simulator Walter Vergara January 17, 2008. Climate change strategy in Latin America.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Use of the earth simulator
January 17, 2008
along the American Cordillera, from Alaska to Chile
*Mean of 8 GCM simulations from IPCC 4th Assessment
using scenario A2
Source: Bradley , Vuille, Diaz and Vergara, Science, 2006
Increased exposure to Malaria and Dengue
Trinidad (CF: E$2m; CCIG: $0.5 m).
efficient use of ES data
to interpret results
of results in scientific literature
future simulation at regional
• Semi-Lagrangian integration scheme
• Short-Wave Parameterization by Shibata & Uchiyama
• Long-Wave Parameterization by Shibata & Aoki
• Cumulous Parameterization by Arakawa & Schubert
• In clouds, consideration of large-scale condensation, cumulus, and stratocumulus
• Parameterization of the boundary layer: 2-level closed system of Mellor & YamadaNumerical methods and runs
AGCM developed jointly by the Center for Cli-mate System Research (CCSR) of the University of Tokyo and the
Japanese National Institute for Environmental Sci-ences (NIES). The particular version of the CCSR/NIES AGCM
has been used for several international modeling ef-forts, including future projections for the Intergovernmental
Panel for Climate Change (IPCC, SRES) and the Atmos-pheric Model Intercomparison Project (AMIP).
Source: (IDEAM report on activities under Partnership MRI-WB, 2006)