Download
slide1 n.
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
Locations PowerPoint Presentation

Locations

157 Views Download Presentation
Download Presentation

Locations

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript

  1. Increasing number of trademark applications and globalization of branding goods and services; how are these challenges influencing trademark offices administration, and what practices have you recently reengineered?

  2. Berlin Jena Munich Locations

  3. Development of trade mark applications 70.726 73.933 80.232 80.319 83.673 80.772 74.822 74.200

  4. Our examination practice • Refusal rate about 10 % For many years, the proportion of trade marks for which registration was refused by a decision of the DPMA has been stable at about 10% only. • Success rate of oppositions lodged over 20 % For many years, the proportion of oppositions which led to full or partial cancellation of the opposed trade mark has been stable at only 9.1 % (full cancellation) and 11.5 % (partial cancellation). This corresponds to an overall success rate of oppositions of 20.6%.

  5. DPMAdirekt Filing IP applications online • Patent applications(German, EP and PCT) • Trade mark applications • Utility model applications • Design applications • Oppositions and appeals in patent matters • Appeals in trade mark matters • Direct debiting mandates

  6. DPMAregister DPINFO + DPMApublikationen = DPMAregister

  7. DPMAregister Official Publications and Registers of Patents, Utility Models, Trade Marks and Designs • Search for IP applications, and for granted and registered IP rights • Register information with current legal (and procedural) status • Daily update of the register data • Several search modes • German and English user interface

  8. Duration of the procedure In the normal case: average: 4.6 months opposition registration application average: 10.2 months refusal Faster registration: 1. for online applications 3.3 months on average 2. for accelerated applications 3.1 months on average (fee: 200 EUR) 3. for preferential processing (“VB”)only 1.2 months on average within the scope of an accelerated application, if - payment was made by direct debiting mandate upon filing the application; - the terms shown in our database of goods and services are used (“search engine for goods and services” available at: www.dpma.de).

  9. Our top priorities • Faster registration by increase in applications with preferential processing (“VB“) and online applications For this purpose, extension and harmonisation of the content of our database of goods and services in cooperation with OHIM and WIPO by participation in the common classification database of OHIM • Quality: - better search options for similarity of goods and services - further intensification of search for existing comparable registrations • Introduction of end-to-end electronic processing of trade marks in 2013 • Expansion of information services: - on the Internet - e-mail information service on current questions - direct telephone accessibility

  10. Thank you for your at10tion