Tools. Textbook Machining Fundamentals, John R. Walker, Goodheart-Willcox Company, Tinley Park IL (2004). $60 new, $35 used from Amazon. pp. 55-182. (Remainder is excellent, but not to be covered here.) Other sources McMaster-Carr catalog Grainger catalog. Tools.
Definition: what is a “tool”
1. an implement, esp. one held in the hand, as a hammer, saw, or file, for performing or facilitating mechanical operations.
2. any instrument of manual operation.
3. the cutting or machining part of a lathe, planer, drill, or similar machine.
4. the machine itself; a machine tool.
5. anything used as a means of accomplishing a task or purpose: “Education is a tool for success.”
6. a person manipulated by another for the latter's own ends; cat's-paw. [???—Matt]
[stolen from dictionary.com]
“Things that you use to get stuff done.” A Matt original.