280 likes | 627 Views
Merchandise Exports and Imports as a Percentage of World Total, 2008. 0. Number 1 Exporter: US in 2002, Germany in 2003, China in 2009.. World Economic Pyramid. 0. Developed Markets
E N D
3. World Economic Pyramid
4. Purchasing Power Parity
5. G5/7 & The Global Economy
6. BRICS & N11
7. T-Shaped Global Marketing Skills
8. Mechanisms of World Trade General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT)
Rules for non discrimination, transparent procedures and settlement of disputes in international trade.
Emphasis on reducing tariffs & trade barriers
World Trade Organization (WTO)
Administers international trade and investment accords.
Encourage trade relations between members through rules and standards, and also affect the trade and investment flows of nonmember countries.
Exs. include the European Union, NAFTA (North America), ASEAN (SE Asia), Mercosur (Latin America).
9. Forms of Economic Integration in Regional Markets
10. Country Manager
11. Welcome to Country Manager!
12. The Environment
14. Which Market(s) to Enter? From student demo slides. This slide should probably be deleted since it duplicates the material in slide 11. Keep or delete or redo?From student demo slides. This slide should probably be deleted since it duplicates the material in slide 11. Keep or delete or redo?
15. The Environment
16. Environment - Competition
17. Environment - Consumers
18. Things to Keep in Mind This is from student demo slides. Keep as is or change??This is from student demo slides. Keep as is or change??
19. Regional Marketing Strategy
20. Plant and Production Decisions
21. Plant and Production Examples
22. Plant and Production Examples
23. Entering the Market(s)
24. The Product - Toothpaste
25. Simulation Ground Rules Practice Rounds
2 Periods with 2 replays per period
Ends September 5 @ 11:59 EDT
Opens September 6 @ 4:00 EDT
Present Regional Marketing Plan Proposal First
Team Leader advances simulation
Two decisions per week except 9/27 (Marketing Plan)
Seven decisions required; 8th decision optional
One replay opportunity in case of disaster
26. Course Grading Each student will be evaluated as follows:
CM Quiz (Before next class!) 10 points
CM Marketing Plan (Due 9/27) 20 points
CM Performance 30 points
CM (Individual) Presentation 20 points
Participation (Team, class, 20 points
Total 100 points
27. Tonight’s Agenda Create Teams of 4-6.
Complete Situation Analysis
Customers, Competition, Collaborators & Context for Each Country
Internal Resources & Capabilities
Choose Team Leader
Complete Country Attractiveness Spreadsheet