Classroom Organization and Management. Departmental policies and procedures Needed to have consistency Need to create a handbook and a handout. Setting the tone. First few days are critical How do you review rules and procedure? State the rule Explain why the rule is important
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Departmental policies and procedures
Day 1 – Distribute handbooks and provide handouts (two copies) – one to sign/return and one to keep. Go over policies, assign students to squads
Day 2 – Locker room day: Take attendance using squad formation; record names of those who returned contracts; assign lockers and have students practice opening locks
Day 3 – First day to dress; assemble in squad formation for attendance; collect rest of handouts
Do NOT use the same signal for both
How will you stop your students?
4. Easier to be heard if you face a wall as it will trap the sound
5. Students should sit so they can see you. They behave better and you can see them all.
6. Directions can be posters or demonstrations
7. Give complete instructions – the situation, performance, and criteria.
8. Avoid automatically repeating instructions – they will learn to tune you out the first time through
9. Do not ask if they have questions – ask them specific questions about various procedures for the task
group could act out the lesson
Complete an accident report whenever there is an injury
Health and medical records
Equipment and locker records