"Careers Oscars". Biotechnology. Biotechnology. Basic information (a) Courses Offered (b) Curriculum (c) Requirements Applications (a) GM Food (b) Protecting Endangered Species (c) Cloning. Courses Offered by. 1. University of Hong Kong 2. Chinese University of Hong Kong
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. University of Hong Kong
2. Chinese University of Hong Kong
3. Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
~ Genetic Engineering
~ Molecular and Cell Biology
Certificate Level (HKCEE):
How many 'A's do we have to get ?
Advanced Level (HKALE):
‘E’ or above in both AL Biology and AL Chemistry
‘E’ or above in AL Chemistry
If you have not taken Biology in F.6, you must get ‘C’ or above in HKCEE Biology.
What is GM Food ?
GM Food = Genetic Modified Food
What are the advantages of GM Food ?
The most typical example is PANDA.
The cloning of Dolly
A cell was taken from the mammary gland of sheep A.
An unfertilized cell was taken from sheep B and its nucleus was removed.
The two cells were fused together.
After 6 days ...
Embryo developed from the cell.
Embryo was implanted into the uterus of another sheep.
The sheep gave birth to a baby sheep.
1999 Paper I Q.1
Biotechnology is closely related to us, especially in the aspect of :
1. GM food;
2. protecting endangered species and
3. cloning technology.
1. Scripts ~ advice from Miss Leung
2. Figures ~ search engine : http://www.google.com, choose figures and type ‘genetics’.
3. Figures ~ IT-based Resource Package for Secondary Schools in Hong Kong - Biotechnology
4. The HKCEE Question ~ School Library
5. Requirements ~ The brochure of the University of Hong Kong and the Chinese University of Hong Kong
6. Requirements ~ http://www.ust.hk