Lecture Objectives:. Discuss about the final project and presentation Introduce advance simulation tools Review the course topics. Final project assignment. Final submission on May 7, 2009 . Final presentation (May 5 and 7)
Final submission on May 7, 2009.
You will give a 7 minute oral PowerPoint presentation to the class (7 minutes talking + 2 minutes for questions) on your topic. Time limits will be strictly enforced.
fileEnergy Modeling SoftwareStructure of energy simulation programs
Interface for result
- recognized as the industry standard
- no capabilities for detailed modeling
Includes daylight utilization, natural ventilation, airflow modeling CFD, various HVAC and control models
Zonal models and CFD
1. Identify basic building elements which affect building energy consumption and analyze the performance of these elements using energy conservation models.
2. Analyze the physics behind various numerical tools used for solving different heat transfer problems in building elements.
3. Use basic numerical methods for solving systems of linear and nonlinear equations.
4. Conduct building energy analysis using comprehensive computer simulation tools.
5. Evaluate the performance of building envelope and environmental systems considering energy consumption.
6. Perform parametric analysis to evaluate the effects of design choices and operational strategies of building systems on building energy use.
7. Use building simulations in life-cycle cost analyses for selection of energy-efficient building components.