140 likes | 635 Views
Developing personalized campaign-specific landing pages is the key to success in any marketing campaign. If you are driving your brand with a paid search campaign or utilizing email programs, or running affiliate-based acquisition programs, you are probably using a landing page for each. Lorél Marketing Group suggest these 10 best practices that you can implement right now to help drive higher conversion and increase your ROI.
E N D
10 Steps To Creating Landing Pages For Higher Conversion Rateby Lorél Marketing Group
Developing personalized campaign-specific landing pages is the key to success in any marketing campaign. • If you are driving your brand with a paid search campaign or utilizing email programs, or running affiliate-based acquisition programs, you are probably using a landing page for each. • Lorél Marketing Group suggest these 10 best practices that you can implement right now to help drive higher conversion and increase your ROI.
1. Align the landing page with the main goal of the email or direct mail message. • Design a landing page that is highly focused • Articulate the needs of the website visitor and what you want him or her to do
2. Develop a streamlined path to the offer. • Make the desired action clear and obvious • Remove unneeded elements
3. Validate the message and elements of your landing page with the direct mail or email message. • The first objective is for the landing page to validate that they are in fact on the correct webpage. • Repeat the headline from your email/direct mail at the top of the landing page.
4. Keep the message and call to action short and sweet. • Consider keeping all messaging on the landing page above the fold • Keep calls to action obvious and short, do not make them work to figure out what you want them to do.
5. Design the landing page for “scan-ability.” • Make sure the headlines, sub-headings and graphics are designed to allow visitors to skim the content quickly and still get the message • Make the message and directive clear
6. Maximize the use of copy, graphics and white space and lead the visitor logically to the offer. • Place images next to the most important copy/text • Use different font sizes to highlight importance • Keep the number of colors used to two or three at most (including black). • DO NOT use sidebars that aren’t relevant or other distracting elements.
7. Managing website forms. • Keep it brief and thoroughly pre-test it. • Don’t deter or scare off prospects by asking for too much information.
9. Track results. • Implement a website analytics program to understand how your landing page performed. • Measure who came to the site and what they did or did not do so that you can optimize the landing page experience and achieve higher conversions • Reach out to individuals who abandon the landing page
10. Develop a test plan to test different elements and copy on your landing pages to learn what works best. • Web analytics software can be implemented to allow you to run A/B tests. • Test one element in each email for cleaner outcome results.
A Closing Remark: • Well-written and well-designed landing pages will deliver more daily visitors as the support structure, such as awareness and marketing efforts, build up.
Thank YouIf you found this PowerPoint helpful, visit our Knowledge Page to view our FREE list of Whitepapers, Articles & Research, and find out when our upcoming Webinars will be happening!http://lorel.com/knowledge.phpWant to jump start your marketing strategy and programs?Lorél Marketing Group can help you get started with a no-costdiscovery meeting that can align your goals with a vision for yoursuccess. Care to learn more? Contact us today.Lorél Marketing GroupEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: 610-337-2343 Website: www.lorel.com