EDIS Emergency Department Information System. Manitoba Nursing Informatics Association March 16 th , 2009 Presented by Debbie McMahon EDIS Clinical Nursing Coordinator WRHA Emergency Program. WHAT IS EDIS?. electronic patient tracking system
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Manitoba Nursing Informatics Association
March 16th, 2009
Presented by Debbie McMahon
EDIS Clinical Nursing Coordinator
WRHA Emergency Program
electronic patient tracking system
EDIS is a system that automates such functions as triage, patient tracking, orders/results, documentation and discharge.
The fast and easy access to clinical information
- shows patient location at all times
- allows instant access to patient chart
- allows for multi-person access to the
- streamlines pt. flow using bedside registration and documentation
- provides Clinicians access to information throughout the department via -Patient tracking display
- Clinical Documentation
- Orders and Results
- Eliminates lost patients
- Enables staff to prioritize tasks
- Decreases departmental noise
- Admissions tracking
- eliminates manual reporting
- automatically generates department log
- fewer LWBS, elopements, AMA
- improves door to doc
- decreased noise
- decreased patient wait time and length of stay
- reports help focus on department inefficiencies
- Automatic reporting provides clear meaningful statistics
- ED patient information will eventually be one system process
- Resource for Quality Management, Risk management, and Infection Control maintenance
With this in mind, many data elements could be obtained from the EDIS system.
Provides multiple data elements that can be measured in time lines.
These timelines assist with process mapping, defining, as well as process redefining.
ie consultants assess time, length of time for stretcher service pickup.