The Future of the Internet. Your Immediate Future and the Internet. Job Searches: monster.com, daily newspapers, potential employers New browsers (Firefox) and methods of accessing internet (cell phone). The Near Future of the Internet. Increased bandwidth
• What will this do for design?
• What will be the languages/software used?
• Opportunities for software companies?
• More or less accessible to non-professionals?
• Effectiveness of static websites?
• Will there be “two webs”?
Think digital cable companies now.
• Appliances both support and reject idea of Convergence.
• Which do you prefer?
Wireless technology eliminates phones, cables, etc.
Cable television reverts back to broadcast with decoders?
No phone wires?
“Screens” are larger
• Flat screen television
• Wall televisions
“Screens” are everywhere
• Every room of the house
• Waiting rooms
“Internet to Information Superhighway”
…or is it really a unique medium? Think BLOGS.
• Individuals recorded in public places.
• More family and friend nights:
“turn off box”
• Or it all becomes merged.Increases communication and more voice and face to face contact emerges.
Finding new friends at the airport.
Enjoy the web.Thanks for listening. See you at the final.