1. General introduction. • What is Pharmacognosy • Crude drugs. • Commerce in drugs. • Preparation of drugs for the commercial market. • Classification of herbal drugs. • 2. Morphological classification of the medical herbs. • 3. Taxonomical classification of the medical plants. • 4. Pharmacological classification. • 5. Biochemical classification of the crude drugs.
6. Preparing the crude drugs for the pharmaceutical market. • Drying. • Garbling and powdering. • Collection. • Cultivation. • Storing process. • Packing
7. A medical plant leaves which utilized in medicine like: • Digitalis, Eucalyptus, Buchu, Bearberry Tobacco, Belladonna, Khat, Coca, Tea, Jaborandi, Thyme and Rosemary leaves.
8. Medical herbs flowers which utilized in medicine like: • Chamomile, Passiflora, Wormseed, Insect Saffron, Lavender and clove flowers buds • 9. Herbal fruits in medicine: • Anise, Bitter apple, Black Pepper, Khella, Star anise, Tamarinds, Capsicum, Caraway, Cardamom, Coriander, Cumin, Dill, Fennel, Hemlock, Parsley, Poppy and Vanilla fruits. • 10. Medical herbs juices: • Aloe vera and Mescal buttons juices.
11. Medical seeds:- • Calabar, Nux-vomica, Bitter and Sweet Almond, Mustard, Cacao, Castor, Coffee, Cola, Colchicum, Fenugreek Lin, Nutmeg, Sesame, Soy, Strophanthus, Nigella and Cotton seeds. • 12. Barks:- • Cascara, Frangula, Cinnamon, Cinchona, Pomegranate and Willow barks.
13. Medical plants roots and rhizomes • Valerian, Aconite, Ginger, Ginseng, Hydrastis, Ipecac, Licorice, Rhubarb, Rauwolfia and Sanguinaria roots (and rhizomes). • 14. Medical plants bulbs like: • Squill, Onion and Garlic bulbs. • 15. Entire herbal organisms utilized in medicine: • Vinca, Ergot, Mint, Ephedra, Henbane , Datura and Lobelia plants.
16. Sandal and Camphor Woods. • 17. Brand names of Herbal drugs in the Palestinian market. Main menu