Seminars in Professional Preparation. How to find and land the perfect job. The job search. Finding the openings is the difficult part Networks (personal, work, family, faculty, professional, job fairs… be careful) Associations APHA, AIHA, AAHPERD, SOPHE, ACSM Websites
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
How to find and land the perfect job
Make your resume clean and neat (but not plain)
Emphasize your Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Quantify all of your experience and qualifications
Use action words (Implemented, created, designed, coordinated)
Just list your work locations
List items that could be considered discriminatory
Put pictures or “frillies” on your resume
Use a general “all purpose” resume template for all jobs
Sell yourself shortThe resume—Work Experience
No Spiky shoes
If it does not conform to the honor code, don’t wear it (pay special attention to your blouse)
Kim Zoller (Image dynamics)
Solid color, conservative suit
Neat, professional hairstyle
Tan or light hosiery
Sparse make-up & perfume
Portfolio or briefcaseThe interview—What to wear—Women
White long sleeve shirt
Dark socks, professional shoes
Very limited jewelry (RING ONLY)
Neat, professional hairstyle
Go easy on the aftershave
Neatly trimmed nails
Portfolio or briefcase
YES A JACKET IS REQUIRED!!
If it is not a suit… be sure it is a SOLID sport coat that coordinates
If meeting with a woman, ear, nose, and eyebrows should be neatThe interview—How to prepare?
2. Sunglasses on top of your head or headphones around your neck
3. Too-short skirts: Your skirt should cover your thighs when you are seated.
4. The wrong tie: Ties should be made of silk
5. Overly bright or large-patterned clothing: it's best to stick with navy, black or gray.
6. Heavy makeup on women (or any makeup on a man)
7. Earrings on men
8. More than one set of earrings on women
9. Facial piercings, tongue jewelry or visible tattoos
10. Ill-fitting clothes. Spending a little extra to have your garments tailored is a worthwhile investmentTop 20 fashion faux pas
12. Unnatural hair colors or styles. Remember, Donald Trump was a billionaire well before he began wearing a comb-over.
13. Short-sleeved shirts, even worse when worn with a tie
14. Fishnets, patterned hosiery or bare legs (no matter how tan you are).
15. Men whose socks don't match their shoes, or whose socks are too short and leave a gap of flesh when they are seated
16. Rumpled or stained clothing
17. Scuffed or inappropriate footwear, including sneakers, stilettos, open-toed shoes and sandals
18. Strong aftershaves, perfumes or colognes
19. Belts and shoes that don't match: Shoes and belts should be made of leather the best colors for men are black or cordovan.
20. Telltale signs that your wearing a new suit. Remove all tags and extra buttons --Top 20 fashion faux pas