Publication No. FHWA-HRT-05-092. Bicycle and Pedestrian Planning. Lesson 4. Lesson Outline. Federal surface transportation law and pedestrian and bicycle facilities. • Elements of State and local pedestrian and bicycle plans. • Bicycle and pedestrian models: demand and facility quality.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
• Elements of State and local pedestrian and bicycle plans.
• Bicycle and pedestrian models: demand and facility quality.
• Bicycle and pedestrian maps.
• Identification of policies and legal barriers.
• Coordination among State agencies.
• Develop unified approach to land use and bicycle and pedestrian transportation across region.
• Provide continuous connections across jurisdiction boundaries.
• Using geographic information systems (GIS).
• Reviewing transportation and land use policies/regulations.
• Establishing facility design procedures.
• Identifying and prioritizing where improvements are needed.