Privacy and the Internet By, Rachel Hoeschen Table of Contents The Threats Cookies Web bugs Browsers Spy ware Phishing Your info Spam What can you do about it? Sources Threats to Your Privacy The Biggies….. Cookies Web Bugs Browsers Spy ware Phishing Your Information Spam
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
. Most are used only by the web site that put the cookie in place but….
Third-Party Cookies, gather information about you and then sells that data to other marketers
Cookies in the News
consent of that machine's owner or legitimate user.
1. Only conduct business, visit sites or become involved with web sites that have adequate privacy policies that cover at least: to whom your information will be passed onto, why the information is being collected, how the information will be used, and how you can access information the organization holds about you
2. Install and use privacy enhancing software including:
3. Opt out of all further contact with organizations
4. Only give as much personal information as you are comfortable with
5. Use an on-line identity and free email service to protect against giving out your details to spammers
What does privacy mean to them?