GeoFusion, Inc. Digital Earth Visualization Paul Hansen firstname.lastname@example.org Chuck Stein email@example.com www.geofusion.com GeoFusion, Inc. Santa Cruz based software technology company Based on Paul Hansen’s work with digital earth rendering Goals:
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Digital Earth Visualization
Multi-resolution, tiled representation of:
Tile I/O(data servers)
GeoMatrix Toolkit Modules
concentric or offset
bathymetry & terrain
LIDAR elevation data.
70 cm aerial imagery
8m black & white DOQ imagery on 10m DEM
Example application of satellite models drawn on top of GeoFusion rendered Earth.
1. Tiled, multi-resolution data packaging. Tiles have a consistent size with a definite upper-bound, allowing them to be easily moved around and assembled into a view.
2. Unique tiling system (GeoMatrix) for the Earth globe. Hybrid system--combination of geographic projection and square polar projection. Smooth transitions across domain boundaries. Efficient treatment of polar singularities.
3. Fast recursive subdivision and fast, aggressive culling of "geometry“ (surface parts) outside the viewing window.
4. Fast and fine-grained level-of-detail (LOD) calculation allows the minimal collection of needed tiles to be accessed.
5. Introduction of higher-resolution data before it is easily visible. "New“ data appears "between" previously seen data rather than replacing it, and, for terrain data, gradually morphs to its full extent.
PX = PX * PY
PY = PY