Fun FACTOIDS. 1. Only the female angler fish has a bioluminescent lure on the end of the line. 2. A yak’s milk is PINK. 3. Armadillos swallow air , blowing up their stomach and small intestines, and then swim across the river! . 4. Owls are the only birds that can see the color blue.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Only the female angler fish has a bioluminescent lure on the end of the line.
2.A yak’s milk is PINK.
3. Armadillos swallow air, blowing up their stomach and small intestines, and then swim across the river!
4.Owls are the only birds that can see the color blue.
2. The elephant is the only animal with four knees.
3. A camel’s milk will not curdle.
4.The brain is made of75% water.
2.Eagles mate while in flight and they mate for life.
3. An iguana can stay underwater up to 30 minutes.
4. Some ribbon worms have a VERY unusual way of getting food if they can't find any.They eat themselves
2. The average air speed of the common house fly is 4.5 miles per hour
3. A cockroach could live a long time, perhaps a month, without its head.
4. Wanna Race? Cockroaches can run up to three miles in an hour.
2.It takes about 1.5 hours
to hard boil an ostrich egg?
3.The muzzle of a lion is like a fingerprint because No two lions have the same whisker pattern!
4. "Catgut" used in surgery is actually made from the intestines of sheep.
1. Starfish don't have brains.
2. An ostrich's eye is bigger that its brain.
3. It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open. But, according to Mythbusters you can.
4. The leg bones of a bat are so thin that no bat can walk.
5. Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
2. A swarm of desert locusts
(Schistocerca gregaria) can eat20,000 tons of vegetation a day.
spend about 80% of their lives sleeping.
4. The ears of a cricket are located on the front legs, just below the knee.
5. Seeds of an Indian Lotus tree remain viable for 300 to 400 years.
2. It takes approximately 12 hours for food to entirely digest.
3. 40 to 50 % of body heat can be lost through the head (no hat)
4. A newborn Kangaroo is about 1 inch (2.5cm) long.
1. In your lifetime, you'll shed over 40 pounds of skin.
2. Every minute, 30-40,000 deadskin cells fall from your body.
3. Most people blink about 17,000 times a day
4. Moths have no stomach.
1. Lobsters have blue blood. (so do crayfish)
2. The human body has enough fat to produce 7 bars of soap.
3. Flamingo tongues were a common delicacy at Roman feasts
4. Waste produced by one chicken in its tiny chicken lifetime can supply enough electricity to run a 100-watt bulb for 5 hours.
2. Capsaicin, which makes hot peppers "hot" to the human mouth, is best neutralized by casein, the main protein found in milk.
3. A giraffe's neck contains the same number of vertebrae as a human.
1.Hershey's Kisses are called that because the machine that makes them sounds like it's kissing the conveyor belt.
2. Cats have over 100 vocal sounds, while dogs only have about 10.
3. A praying mantis stores hundreds of eggs in an ootheca.
4. Longest living cells in the body are brain cells which can live an entire lifetime.
Engraved on a plaque at the base of the statue
With silent lips.
"Give me your tired, your poor,Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!“
Emma Lazarus, 1883
1. Cats are unable to detect a sweettaste.
2. Hyppolyte Merge-mouries invented MARGARINE in 1868 by treating oils with hydrogen.
3. The most popular fruit is theBANANA (monosaccaride= frutcose)
4. The first sugar-free sugar substitute, in 1957 was Sweet'n Low.
1. The name of the dog that appears on the crackerjack box wasBingo!
2. In some food products ( jams, strawberrymilkshakes, yogurt),and even shampoos, the reddish colouring is produced by the crushing of the tropical female Cochineal beetle.
maggot cheese... Brus...
3. After maggots have been cleansed, deodorized and dehydrated, the concentrated protein may be used to makesoy sauce and MSGor maggot cheese... Brus...
1.Ant Catcher - catches ants for use in ant farms.
2. Bone Crusher - crushes animal
bones into a powder in order to make glue.(used in matches,sand paper)
3. Brain Picker - splits open the skulls of animals in the slaughterhouse in order to remove their brains.
4. Chicken Sexer- determines which chicks are male and female – (I've heard it pays extremely well
for what it's worth!)
1. When slicing up these tear jerkers, an enzyme known as allinaseand another compound called isothiocyanate get together and create a type of sulphuric vapour which gets into the eyes and irritates them.
2. The lips of a hippopotamus are two feet.
3. An Armadillo has 4 babies at a time, all the same sex.
4. Approximately 95 percent of a jellyfish's body is water.
1. An ant survive under water TWO days.
2. A BLUE WHALE goes through a period where it gains 10 pounds an hour.
3. Hippos release a reddish oil to lubricate their skin when they sweat!
4. Cows sweat through their noses !!!