Form versus Function in Fishes. Megan Ennes In conjunction with the North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher. Form versus Function. Body shape fits the needs of the animal Outside (environmental) factors can influence the development of an animal. Anatomical Directions. Dorsal Ventral
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
In conjunction with the North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher
You can also tell how it feedsMouth Shape
Southern Stingray Dasyatisamericana
1. Where do you think this fish lives on the reef? What about this fish leads you to that decision?
2. Where do you think the fish eats? What mouth shape does it have?
3. Is it a schooling fish or does it appear to be solitary?
4. Is your fish territorial? How can you tell?
5. How does your fish swim? Is it built for speed? Maneuverability? How can you tell?
6. Does your fish live close to the reef or far away? What body shape does it have?
7. Is your fish well adapted to its environment? Why or why not?