Definitions. USNRC - US Normal Retail ChannelsArtists and producers earn full royalties at this rate.R.O.W. - Rest of the WorldRoyalties are paid at a 50% rate.LicensersPay a licensing fee to the record company for the use of a master in a new product or compilation.. Definitions - continued. O
1. Distribution & Marketing MUM 2700
2. Definitions USNRC - US Normal Retail Channels
Artists and producers earn full royalties at this rate.
R.O.W. - Rest of the World
Royalties are paid at a 50% rate.
Pay a licensing fee to the record company for the use of a master in a new product or compilation.
3. Definitions - continued One-Stop Retailer - A Mom and Pop store.
Haitian record stores
Buy from distributors or wholesalers
Leases floor space
Wholesalers - Sell to distributors.
4. New Technologies CDs represent 85% of recorded music sales format.
DAT, MD, DCC, Audiophile Records represent 15% of recorded music sales formats.
Downloads are gaining ground quickly.
5. Recording Device Formats CD - Compact Disc
DAT - Digital Audio Tape
MD - Minidisc
DCC - Digital Compact Cassette
DVD - Digital Video Disk
6. Download Formats AIFF - Audio Interchange File Format (CD)
MP3 - MPEG Layer 1 (cross platform)
AAC - MPEG-4 used for DVD authoring and iTunes
WAV - Windows Digital Audio Format
SDII - Sound Designer II (Pro Tools)
Real Audio - Compressed for streaming
AU - u-Law Compressed audio for Internet (Web)