THE ASIAN GAMES. LISTENING. Unit 12:. MATCHING. HIGH JUMP. BASKETBALL. LONG JUMP. GYMNASTICS. SWIMMING. Have you ever watched sports like these on TV?. Which sport(s) do you like best? Why?. To land / lænd / (v) Ex: He’s landing. Freestyle / 'fri:stail / (n).
THE ASIAN GAMES
Have you ever watched sports like these on TV?
Which sport(s) do you like best? Why?
Ex: He’s landing.
Girl swimming freestyle
- Gymnast (n)
- Gymnasium (n) the place where the gymnasts practice.
LISTEN AND REPEAT
Listen to the tape.
Match the names of the athlates with the appropriate type of sports.
ANSWER: a-1, b-3, c-4, d-2
Listen again and choose the correct answers:
A. 200 secondsC. 1 min 58 seconds
B. 1 min 38 secondsD. 1 min 48 seconds
2. Lily got an average of _____ points in her gymnastics event.
A. 9.5 B. 5.9C. 15 D. 5
3. Lee Bong-ju jumped ____ and he won the gold medal in men’s long jump.
A. 8.5 mB. 8.9mC. 9.8mD. 18m
4. The bar that Vichai had to jump over was at ___.
A. 3.2mB. 2.3mC. 2.0mD. 2.5m
5. Which of the following sports events was not mentioned in the report?
A. swimmingC. Long and high jumps
B. GymnasticsD. weightlifting
It was at 10.15 p.m
They have won 6 gold medals
He was very disappointed
WORK IN GROUPS
Talk about a famous athlete you know.
You talk about name, nationality, type of sport which they take part in, their success ...
Nguyen Manh Tuong
Truong Thanh Hang
GOOD BYE CLASS!!!