THE ASIAN GAMES. LISTENING. Unit 12:. MATCHING. HIGH JUMP. BASKETBALL. LONG JUMP. GYMNASTICS. SWIMMING. Have you ever watched sports like these on TV?. Which sport(s) do you like best? Why?. To land / lænd / (v) Ex: He’s landing. Freestyle / 'fri:stail / (n).
Which sport(s) do you like best? Why?
Ex: He’s landing.
Girl swimming freestyle
- Gymnast (n)
- Gymnasium (n) the place where the gymnasts practice.
Listen to the tape.
Match the names of the athlates with the appropriate type of sports.
ANSWER: a-1, b-3, c-4, d-2
Listen again and choose the correct answers:
A. 200 seconds C. 1 min 58 seconds
B. 1 min 38 seconds D. 1 min 48 seconds
2. Lily got an average of _____ points in her gymnastics event.
A. 9.5 B. 5.9 C. 15 D. 5
3. Lee Bong-ju jumped ____ and he won the gold medal in men’s long jump.
A. 8.5 m B. 8.9m C. 9.8m D. 18m
4. The bar that Vichai had to jump over was at ___.
A. 3.2m B. 2.3m C. 2.0m D. 2.5m
5. Which of the following sports events was not mentioned in the report?
A. swimming C. Long and high jumps
B. Gymnastics D. weightlifting
It was at 10.15 p.m
They have won 6 gold medals
He was very disappointed
WORK IN GROUPS
Talk about a famous athlete you know.
You talk about name, nationality, type of sport which they take part in, their success ...