Creating An Alumni Leadership Circle . ‘Bridging the Gap’. Alumni Leadership Circle (ALC) History . Founded in 2005 with the help of 5 alumni & two inspired educators: - Ann Fields and Bea Cassidy
‘Bridging the Gap’
- Ann Fields and Bea Cassidy
Who is involved in creating an ALC?
What is involved in creating an ALC?
When is the right time to create an ALC?
Where do you begin creating an ALC?
- Local schools
- Industry sites
- Personal homes
Why is creating an ALC important?
- Sustains industry standards
- Guest Speakers speak about industry
- Mentors provide guidance for students
(building strong local communities)
professionally and personally
How do you actually create an ALC?
Step 1: Solicit former students who have completed the
- Different schools (all in same area)
example: 4 different schools represented
Step 2: Make Contact/Establish a rapport & arrange a
‘Meeting of the Minds’
- highlight the primary goal to create a group of
alumni to enhance the academy
Step 3: Establish a structure
(officers, core group, leaders)
- Success has been partially due to
their being no officers (we all act as
- Consider a Group Advisor who
provides needed support and focus
Step 4: Official Launch
- Seek industry support to arrange an
Official Launch event
- Locate alumni for launch event
examples: Miami Seaquarium &
Four Seasons Hotel - Miami
Step 5: ALC has been formed
- Involvement in industry events
- Student conference
- Advisory Board
- Presentations at schools
- Volunteer at academy events
* Around the World Dinner
* Tourism Professional of the Year
ALC’s Central Theme
the scenes exposure)
- Advisory Board Members
focusing on how important everyone’s role in
the academy is.