Building Capacity in District and Campus Leaders. Goals. Review what is meant by building leadership capacity Define barriers to developing leadership capacity and share solutions to those barriers Make connections to other tools and resources that are available on leadership capacity
We may not be digital natives but we will be digital role models …
Why is building leadership capacity important in the schools and districts in which we work?
1. The school communities core values must focus its priorities.
2. As teacher leadership grows, principals must let go of some authority and responsibility
3. Educators must define themselves as learners, teachers and leaders
4. We must invest in each other’s learning to create reciprocity.
5. The first tenet of leadership capacity is “broad based participation.”
6. Districts must negotiate the political landscape to provide professional time and development, a conceptual framework for improvement, and tailored succession practices (fitting the principal to the school).
Medium Leadership Capacity
Low Leadership Capacity