Skills for Sustainability. Dr David Hickie Chief Executive. Society for the Environment. Our Vision. “Sustainability through Professionalism”. We gained our Royal Charter in 2004. Our Aims:.
We gained our Royal Charter in 2004
- Widespread recognition of important role of environmental and sustainability professionals in all areas of business, commerce and public sectors
- Widespread recognition of status of Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv)
We are the Registration Authority which Licenses Member Institutions to award CEnv.
Advocacy of views of sustainability and environmental professionals
Chartered Institution of Waste Management (CIWM)
Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM)
Institute of Agricultural Management (IAgrM)
Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (IEEM)
Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA)
Institute of Fisheries Management (IFM)Our 15 Member Bodies
Associate Member Body
1. What is the role of professional institutions on Sustainable Development and Sustainability?
2. Are there key skills that all professionals need? Sustainable Development and Sustainability?
3. Are these common across all professions and disciplines? Sustainable Development and Sustainability?
4. What are the next steps for institutions and/or individuals?