Lucrezia de’ Medici The 14-year-old daughter of the Grand Duke of Tuscany, Lucrezia married in 1558 Alfonso Il d’Este , the fifth Duke of Ferrara, who was 25 at the time. The Duke abandoned Lucrezia for two years before she died in 1561 at age 17. . “It’s a Twisted Tuesday!” .
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
The 14-year-old daughter of the Grand Duke of Tuscany, Lucrezia married in 1558 Alfonso Il d’Este, the fifth Duke of Ferrara, who was 25 at the time. The Duke abandoned Lucrezia for two years before she died in 1561 at age 17.
AP Literature and Composition
February 4, 2014
1. How old does the Duke say his name is?
2. What is the current object of the Duke’s desire (as he sees it)?
3. Where is the Duke and his companion?
A. outside B. in a dining hall C. in the attic D. on the grand staircase
4. Who was the sculptor of Neptune in the poem?
A. Carlo Crivelli B. FraPandolf
C. Lorenzo Ghiberti D. Claus of Innsbruck
5. What does the Duke say was one of the faults of the Duchess?
A. She hated him. B. She smiled too much. C. She was never impressed. D. She was a snob.
6. What does the Duke say he will never do?
A. love B. hate C. fear D. stoop
7. What happened to the Duke’s last duchess?
“My Last Duchess”
Complete the inference chart and the Venn diagram for “My Last Duchess.”
Prepare for the discussion on “Porphyria’s Lover.”