Social Polis Social Platform on Cities and Social Cohesion. www.socialpolis.eu. Coordinators. Frank Moulaert Professor of Spatial Planning - Department of Architecture, Urban Design and Regional Planning , KU Leuven.
Social PolisSocial Platform on Cities and Social Cohesion
Professor of Spatial Planning- Department of Architecture, Urban Design and Regional Planning, KU Leuven.
Visiting Professor – School of Architecture, Planning and Landscape, Newcastle University.
Professor of Town and Country Planning - School of Architecture, Planning and Landscape, Newcastle University
Co-Coordinator: Sako Musterd
Professor of Social Geography – Universiteit van Amsterdam
(i) a Scientific Network
a) the Scientific Core of Social Polis partners:
b) the Researchers Network
URSPIC (1997-1999)Urban regeneration and social Polarisation in the City
SINGOCOM(2001-2004) Social Innovation, Governance and Community Building
DEMOLOGOS(2004-2007) Development Models and Logics of Socioeconomic Organisation of Space
KATARSIS(2006-09) Growing Inequality and Social Innovation: Alternative Knowledge and Practice in Overcoming Social Exclusion in Europe.
(ii) Stakeholder Networks
a) the Social Polis Inner Circle
b) Stakeholders Network 1
c) Stakeholders Network 2
(i) the Social Polis interactive website
(ii) The Newsletter
(iii) Larger Conferences
(iv) Conferences and Workshops
(v) Brussels meetings with Inner Circle and European networks.
(vi) Information dissemination.
(vii) Critical Analysis of Research
Proposal 1 (Laurent Fraisse & Frank Moulaert)
1) Urban social cohesion in the face of global changes
2) Rethinking cities in the ecological urban age
3) Developing a plural economic approach to tackle the urban economic divide
4) Governing cohesion and diversity
5) Understanding urban behaviour, community initiatives and neighbourhood development
Proposal 2 (Marisol García, Santiago Eizaguirre & Frank Moulaert)
1) Reuniting research on urban social cohesion
2) Social exclusion dynamics as challenges for social cohesion
3) Redefining welfare in cities, sustainability and social justice
4) The governance of the private and public domains
5) Participation, democratisation and socially creative strategies
Social Polis -
Where to From Here?