Cell review. 1. A bacteria can change the types of proteins it has in its membrane depending on which one it detects o the outside env’t. What part of the cell recognizes different substances on the outside env’t?. ER Cell membrane Nucleus lysosome. B.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. A bacteria can change the types of proteins it has in its membrane depending on which one it detects o the outside env’t. What part of the cell recognizes different substances on the outside env’t?
2. What came first, that we use in class, in the scientific discovery of living things?
3. What is the total magnification if the eyepiece is 10X and the objective is 25X?
4. What is the one thing all eukaryotic cells have in common?
5. What is on the outside of the endoplasmic reticulum that makes it look rough?
A student was studying the responses of cells to solutions of varying salt concentrations. Which solution below would cause no change in cell size?
7. If a cell has a tail, what might it be used for?
8. What is the difference between a prokaryotic cell and a eukaryotic cell?
9. What is the best way to put on a coverslip to avoid getting air bubbles?
10. If a plant cell has lost water what will the plant tend to do?
11. Why is the cell membrane called semi-permeable?
Controls all the day to day activities
Makes energy to power the cell
Digests molecules in the cell that are worn out or not working anymore
Movement of molecules from area of high concentration to low concentration.
Plasmolysis- water has left the plant cell, and all the organelles are smooshed up in the middle of the cell.