Welcome, Good Luck, and Thank You for registering for this course!. Please be prepared to:Show your registration formTell us a few things about yourself
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Pharmacology 103 Summer 2003 Math for Nurses and Allied Health Professions Michelle Riley, MS, RN
Assistant Professor of Nursing
2. Welcome, Good Luck, and Thank You for registering for this course! Please be prepared to:
Show your registration form
Tell us a few things about yourself…
Why you enrolled in the course?
What degree you are seeking?
What you hope to learn from this course?
3. Math Trivia Which is larger?
0.40% or 40%
4. Math Trivia Do you want to shop at a
50% off or a 0.50% off
sale at Marshall Fields?
5. Math Trivia Which is the
20 or XX
6. Math Trivia If you like sweets,
want to have
1/2 of the pie or
2/4 of the pie?
7. Math Trivia If your Cardiologist (Heart Doctor)
prescribed a higher dose of heart
medication to keep your heart pumping
properly, would he/she order
0.125 or 0.250 of the medication?
Too much or too little medication can harm the client!
8. Math Trivia What is the answer to
3/4 ÷ 2/3 = ?
9. Math Trivia What is the answer to this
2/4 ? 3/4 =?
10. Math Trivia Please round this answer to
the nearest tenths place.
Answer: 2.54, 2.5 or 2.0
11. Math Trivia Remember:
Too much or too little can
harm the client!