(Insert appropriate images as selected from Image palette). NT Teaching and Learning Framework. May 2008. www.deet.nt.gov.au. DEPARTMENT OF EMPLOYMENT, EDUCATION AND TRAINING. Purpose and content of this session. Content Overview of the DEET Teaching and Learning Framework Purpose
(Insert appropriate images as selected from Image palette)
NT Teaching and Learning Framework
DEPARTMENT OF EMPLOYMENT, EDUCATION AND TRAINING
1. What does effective learning look like ?
2. What do highly effective teachers do?
3. What do highly effective principals doto improve outcomes for students?
Effective leadership of learning
1. teachers identify and work from individuals’ current knowledge, skills and beliefs
2. it leads to deeper understandings of concepts and their applicability
3. decision makers are able to monitor and act on feedback about learning
What do learners already know?
Where do learners need and want to be?
Principal and Teacher Performance Review
School Improvement and Operational Plans
Special Education Policy Guidelines
Model for teacher professional learning that improves student outcomes
School initiated professional learning through school initiatives
Coordination of professional learning communities