Michael Patrick MacDonald. By: Kenan, Lamont, Yanicia, Dulce,Jasmyn, Shamiah Block: A Date: March, 14, 2013. Childhood: Before All Souls. - Grew up in South Boston's Old Colony Project - An Irish American - Lost 4 of his siblings at age 14 - Saw his community suffering at a young age
Michael Patrick MacDonald
By: Kenan, Lamont, Yanicia, Dulce,Jasmyn, Shamiah
Date: March, 14, 2013
- Grew up in South Boston's Old Colony Project
- An Irish American
- Lost 4 of his siblings at age 14
- Saw his community suffering at a young age
- Witnessed his Mother sniff coke at his Brother's funeral
- He grew scared and upset because he was outliving most of his siblings when they died
- Michael Patrick Macdonald is 47 years of age.
- Started Boston's Gun Buyback Program. (program that gives citizens incentive to turn in guns for a reward 1993-1997)
- Lives in Brooklyn, NY.
- Works for social change nationally, working with families and young ones(preventing crimes and violence in neighborhoods by raising awareness).
- Won the American book award in 2000.
- An Author-In-Residence at Northeastern University
- Released a book called Easter rising:" An Irish American up from under" in October 2006
- Writes about how proud and loyal the residents were to be from southie, not including his self (he admits in book that hes from dorchester)
- Founded a support group "for poverty survivors, violence, and drug trade"
(._.) ( l: ) (.-.) ( :l ) (._.) They see me rollin.
QUIZ Time !!!!!
1) What award did Michael patrick Macdonald win in 2000?
A: the American book award
2) where was he brought up?
A: grew up in south boston's old colonies projects
3) How old was Michael when his siblings past away?
A: 14 years old
4) When was his book released?
A: October 2006
5) Why was Michael upset growing up?
A: He was out living most of his family.
For more information about Michael Patrick Macdonald Visit the following websites:
Like him on Facebook at Michael Patrick Macdonald or on twitter @Mickpaddymack
We all did an equal share of work. Jasmyn set up google docs and showed us all how to do it. That night we all had our own homework which was to come up with 2 facts about him each, then we put it together. When we came to class we just all added stuff on because we did it off google docs. We weren't really assigned a specific role we pretty much just added to each other's ideas. Like when one of us writes something and ask us to look over it we would basically add on to what they wrote or make it more clear. And because we were doing it on Google docs it was incredibly easy.