Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. 1 Dieckmann Condensation Reaction Prepared by:
Maram A. A. Amleh
2. 2 Table of Contents Cover Slide.
Table of Content.
Reaction and Mechanism.
3. 3 Objectives: I prepared this reaction to
1.Learn more about dieckmann condensation reaction
2.Under stand how reaction is occour
4. 4 Background The Dieckmann Condensation is an intramolecular variant of the Claisen Condensation. The reaction is most commonly used to prepare 5 or 6 membered ring -keto esters.
The formation of 5 membered rings tends to be faster than 6 membered rings, although the 6 membered ring products are generally more thermodynamically stable.
Ring formation becomes progressively more difficult to accomplish as the ring size of the desired product increases.
5. 5 : Reaction and Mechanism