Mixtures,Elements , Compounds with Physical and Chemical Changes QUIZ REVIEW. Admit Slip. Is ground turkey an element, compound, or a mixture? Is it a pure substance? If you freeze the turkey, is that a physical or chemical change?
1. Label the products and reactants in the following chemical equation:
HCl(aq) + NaHCO3(aq) NaCl(aq) + H2O(l) + CO2(g)
2. In the law of conservation of mass, the mass must
A. change B. double
C. cut in half D. stay the same
3. Label the following as a mixture, element, or compound.
a) N2 gas Element
b) syrup Mixture
c) sugar, C2H22O11Compound
d) strawberry milk Mixture
4. Label the following as homogeneous or heterogeneous mixtures.
a) toothpaste Homogen. Mixture
b) beef chili Heterogen. Mixture
c) peanut butter and jelly sandwich Heterogen. Mixture
d) orange juice Homogen. Mixture (without pulp)
5. Label the following as physical or chemical changes.
a) cutting tomatoes Physical change
b) baking potatoes Chemical change
c) boiling water Physical change
d) freezing water Physical change
e) sugar water with yeast rises into a dough Chemical change
c) homog. d) heterog.
heterog. has 2 or more phases
tothpt:MIX V:ELEorangj: MIXsugar:COMgreink:MIX
freezing water: PHYS salt dissolving: PHYS
burning charcoal: CHEM water evaporating: PHYS
b) an egg cooking is a chemical change