Network Architecture & Standards. Unit 2, Chapter 3 & 4 Why Standards?. Objectives. Explain the importance of network architecture. Identify 802.x LAN standards as described by IEEE.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Network Architecture & Standards
Unit 2, Chapter 3 & 4
1. Communications standards define what needs to be done but not how to do it.
2. Which field in a header tells the destination of a message or PDU?
d. none of the above
3. It is more difficult for a machine to process a code if all of the bits are of the same duration.
4. The combination of the first three layers of the OSI model is the standard for the ______________.
a. X.25 standard for data transmission
b. V. standard
c. consolidated transmission standard
d. Consolidated Transmission Protocol
5. When data or a request from one layer is passed down to another layer, the data are surrounded by control characters or other information. This process is called _____________.
6. The process of reassembling a message a TCP/IP packetized stream of data that has been fragmented is called __________.
7. It is much easier for a machine to process a code if ____________________.
a. it is a true binary code
b. all of the characters have the same number of bits
c. all of the bits are the same duration
d. all of the above
8. An example of a communications medium is ____________.
a. a telephone
b. a personal computer
c. a teleprinter
d. a copper wire
9. The PSTN is an example of a _____________.
a. mesh network
b. star network
c. bus network
d. ring network
10. The OSI layer responsible for establishing the communication rules between certain machines or applications is the ______________.
a. network layer
b. transport layer
c. session layer
d. data link layer