Scope of Presentation. UNDP-Who we areUNDP ProcurementHow to Identify UNDP Business?How to Market your Goods and Services?Need help?. United Nations Development Programme. Principal leader in advocating change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help countries build and share solutions to the global and national challenges.Global network of 166 country officesAnnual Programme Delivery: USD4.3 Billions (Approx.).
1. Doing Business with UNDP Procurement Support Office
Office of Legal and Procurement Support
2. Scope of Presentation UNDP-Who we are
How to Identify UNDP Business?
How to Market your Goods and Services?
3. United Nations Development Programme Principal leader in advocating change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help countries build and share solutions to the global and national challenges.
Global network of 166 country offices
Annual Programme Delivery: USD4.3 Billions (Approx.)
4. Scope of Action Poverty reduction
Energy and environment
Crisis prevention and recovery
5. Source of UNDP Funding
7. 7 Procurement Breakdown Year 2007
8. Distribution by Region
9. Expenditure by sector In recent years, the share of consulting services at UNDP was 70%. This breaksdown to:
IT related services: $105 million
Telecommunications Services: $75 million
Health Products: $56 million
Electoral Assistance: $28 million
Environmental Related Services: $27 million
Management Services: $26 million
Vocational Training: $15 million
10. Top 15 Procurement Offices PANAMA : $210 million – 8.68%
ARGENTINA: $197 million – 8.15%
AFGHANISTAN: $155 million – 6.42%
GUATEMALA : $109 million – 4.51%
HQ: $ 83 million – 3.46%
COLUMBIA : $80 million -3.34%
DENMARK: $65 million – 2.71%
SUDAN : $60 million – 2.51%
EGYPT : $47 million – 1.96%
CONGO DR: $41 million – 1.69%
CHINA: $33 million – 1.4%
BOLIVIA: $30 million – 1.27%
LIBERIA: $30 million – 1.24%
CAMBODIA: $29 million – 1.22%
SOMALIA :$29 million-1.20%
11. Commonly procured goods include but are not limited to: Electrical Equipment
Agricultural Equipment Medical Supplies and Equipment
Water Supply Systems
Construction Equipment and Materials
12. Commonly procured services include but are not limited to: Information Technology
Education,Training and Social Services
13. What are the methods of procurement?
UNDP Procurement is based on competitive bidding. Bids are obtained by means of formal tender.
Depending on the nature and size of the project and its procurement elements, commonly used methods of solicitation include …
14. Procurement Methods Request for Quotation
Invitation to Bid
Request for Proposal
For values less than US $2,500, country offices may engage in Local Shopping.
15. Long Term Agreements (LTA)
Long-term agreements (LTA) reduce administrative efforts by a single tendering exercise over the life of the arrangement. They are awarded on a 1-year renewable basis and exist on the country level as well as globally, administered by HQ.
quality assurance and legal requirements will have been dealt with at the outset
the supplier benefits in terms of planning stock levels and continuity of supply
a mutually beneficial longer-term working relationship can be established
16. How to Identify UNDP Business Procurement at UNDP is decentralized to the responsibility of our country offices.
Every country office is a potential business partner.
Consult and review their websites at www.undp.org/countries
The main responsibility of the Procurement Support Office (PSO) in NY is policies and overview.
Your first resource is our website
17. Consult and Review Procurement Notices
UNGM’s online procurement notices at www.ungm.org
The General Business Guide for Potential Suppliers of Goods and Services.
UNDP’s online procurement notices at www.undp.org
Development Business with procurement notices at www.devbusiness.com
Practical Tips: Doing Business with the UN System
UNDP brochure: How to do business with UNDP
19. Supplier Registration To be listed as a potential supplier, you have to register with the United Nations Global Marketplace (UNGM)
Common Supplier Registration Form available at www.ungm.org the same form is used by individual organizations to pre-qualify suppliers and incorporate suppliers into their internal procurement rosters.
About the UNGM:
Single window for registration with the UN System
Allows the supplier to keep current business information available to all UN Organizations as a tool for locating potential suppliers.
20. Eligibility Criteria to do Business with UNDP Completion of the Registration Form available at www.ungm.org
Agreement to UNDP General Terms and Conditions.
Quality compliance as per International / National product standards (i.e. ISO, DIN, BS etc.)
Financial Strength (i.e., cash flow and liquidity)
Environmental Compliance (i.e. ISO 14000)
21. How to Market your Goods and Services to UNDP? Introduce your company
Contact the Resident Representative
Visit the country office
Target the local government
Meet the Project Manager & others concerned
22. Need Help? Contact Nina Brandt
Tel : (212) 906-6706
Fax : (212) 906-6663
23. Thank you very much!