Introduction. The Foundation was registered in December 1990. SRFIM is working in two districts of Malawi - Balaka district and part of Ntcheu District ,Bwanje Valley in particularCurrently there are 30 staff members and 565 trained community volunteers.There are 4,296 clients with asthma and 1
1. Sue Ryder Foundation in Malawi full Marlene Kachaje Kaliko
15th September 2010
Prague, Czech Republic
2. Introduction The Foundation was registered in December 1990.
SRFIM is working in two districts of Malawi - Balaka district and part of Ntcheu District ,Bwanje Valley in particular
Currently there are 30 staff members and 565 trained community volunteers.
There are 4,296 clients with asthma and 1,918 epilepsy clients making a total of 6,214 beneficiaries for nursing care. For Physical disabilities there are 3,955 beneficiaries.
Annual budget for core functions = Ł160,200
3. Introduction - continued The Foundation’s main areas of activities are provision of medical care to asthma and epilepsy clients and rehabilitation services to people with physical disabilities.
Number of current projects.
-Nursing care and treatment of Asthma and Epilepsy clients
-Medical Rehabilitation to people with disabilities especially children with cerebral palsy
Our main donors are Sue Ryder Care UK ,Polish Aid, Czech Aid and Target TB of UK
4. Completed projects Our core functions are ;
Asthma care, Epilepsy Care and Medical rehabilitation to persons with disabilities.
5. Current projects & activities I.
6. Current projects & activities II.
7. Budget overview – current financial year
8. Budget overview – forecast
9. Fundraising Proposal writing to Trusts i.e JOAC, TTB, Beit Trust, Press trust (MW), and Agencies such as USAID, DfID, Polish Aid, Czech Aid.
Direct Appeals to local companies.
Local Child Sponsorship
Village Sponsorship through SRC UK
Medical Rehabilitation centre.
10. Issues & challenges
Equipment for rehabilitation centre
Sue Ryder name
Sue Ryder Embrame
Insufficient stock of medicines
11. Sue Ryder “Family” cooperation Volunteers exchange programme
Continuation of volunteers from abroad.
Board members to visit Malawi.
Malawi can offer proposal writing.
12. Future plans
The budget will be double next year.
Child sponsorship will increase the number of children to 1000.
More villages for sponsorship will be added
13. Any Other Business Expansion of intensive rehabilitation.
Construction of nutritional rehabilitation centre.
Construction of a new guest house.
14. Contacts Name :Marlene Kachaje Kaliko
Position :Project coordinator
Contact name :Kibble Ngalauka
Postal address :Sue Ryder Foundation in Malawi,
P.O. Box 135, Balaka ,Malawi.
Phone :+ 265(1) 555 769
15. Thank you! Zikomo ?