Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
2. Miami Herald – March 6th, 2010 NORMAL GLOBAL
WARMING WILL RESUME
AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
3. Reasons for the Name Change (MCI ?Early AD Symposium) Well…….., to get more: $$$$ from the Pharmaceutical Industry for supporting the Symposium (the FDA has not approved any medications for treatment of MCI)
4. MCI Symposium ? Early Alzheimer Disease Symposium Some alternative titles considered
PreMCI Tea Party
Not The MCI Symposium
5. Pharmaceutical Sponsorship of the Early AD Symposium (2010)
(It’s the economy, stupid!)
6. Other Reasons for the Name Change….. (MCI ?Early AD Symposium)
The winning suggestion gets free registration for the 2011 ???? Symposium (i.e., whatever we decide to call it).
7. Stages of Cognitive /Functional Decline
8. Concordance between Informant Report and Neuropsychological Performance
10. American Journal of Geriatric Psych: 16 December 2009; doi: 10.1097/JGP.0b013e3181c534a0
Reliability and Validity of an Algorithm for the Diagnosis of Normal Cognition, Mild Cognitive Impairment, and Dementia: Implications for Multicenter Research Studies.
Duara, Ranjan M.D.; Loewenstein, David A. Ph.D.; Greig, Maria M.D.; Acevedo, Amarilis Ph.D.; Potter, Elizabeth Ph.D.; Appel, Jason M.D.; Raj, Ashok M.D.; Schinka, John Ph.D.; Schofield, Elizabeth M.P.H.; Barker, Warren M.S.; Wu, Yougui Ph.D.; Potter, Huntington Ph.D.
11. Utility of Biomarkers for Dx and Staging AD
12. Known or Suspected Modulators of Decline
13. Goals of the 8th MCI Symposium, 2010
1. To review results of cross-sectional and longitudinal studies of PreMCI and PreClinical AD
2. To review methods, results and consider future directions in PreMCI Clinical Trials.
3. To review the role of PET biomarkers in assessing PreMCI and MCI states
4. To review neuropsychological classification of PreMCI and MCI states
14. Support Acknowledgements for the 8th MCI/Early AD Symposium, 2010
15. Travel Fellowship Awards Eleni N. Aretouli, PhD, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland
Rishi Bhalla, PhD, R. Psych.University of British Columbia
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Beth Jerskey, Ph.D, Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Butler Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island
Judit Subirana Mirete, PhD, Ramon Llull University
Ozioma C. Okonkwo, PhD, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland
16. Thank You Warren (Billy) Barker
Sheila Lucas, Tricia Murphy
The Staff of the Wien Center and the Florida ADRC
Special thanks to David Perlman and
Mr. & Mrs. Reichenstein for their generous donations