Chapter 2 Review!. Good luck . 1. What is an atom? a.single-celled organism b.smallest basic unit of matter c.smallest basic unit of life d.positively charged particle. 2. An ion forms when an atom gains or loses a.protons. b.neutrons. c.bonds. d.electrons..
Chapter 2 Review!
1. What is an atom?
b.smallest basic unit of matter
c.smallest basic unit of life
d.positively charged particle
2. An ion forms when an atom gains or loses
3. In covalent bonds, atoms share
a.pairs of electrons.
c.carbon and oxygen.
4. Hydrogen bonds form between atoms that are
5. The attraction among molecules of different substances is called
6. A solution with a high Hydrogen ion concentration
a.has a pH of 7.
b.is very basic.
c.has a high pH.
d.is very acidic.
7. Glucose molecules are the monomers of which macromolecule?
8. Fats and oils are types of
9. Proteins are composed of which molecules?
10. DNA and RNA are two types of
a. conserving matter between the substances.
b. breaking and forming chemical bonds.
c. strengthening electrical charges of substances.
d. changing a solvent into a solute.
Identify the reactants in the following chemical reaction:
6H2O + 6CO2 C6H12O6 + 6O2
a. 6H2O + 6CO2
b.C6H12O6 + 6O2
13. The double arrows tell you that the following reaction
a.takes place very rapidly.
b.is very unstable.
c.occurs in both directions.
d.has high bond energies.
14. What is the term for the amount of energy that needs to be added for a chemical reaction to start?
15. Which graph best displays an exothermic chemical reaction?
a.increases the temperature
b.increases the volume of reactants
c.decreases the reaction rate
d.decreases the activation energy
17. The smallest basic unit of matter is the
18. Which of the following solutions has the highest H ion concentration?
a.a solution with a pH of 1
b.a solution with a pH of 4
c.a solution with a pH of 7
d.a solution with a pH of 10
19. Which substance represented (A or B) is the solvent?
a.both A and B
d.neither A nor B
20. In the lock-and-key model of enzyme function, what is happening in step 3?
a.A product is released.
b.Bonds are being broken.
c.New bonds are forming
d.The substrates are beginning to bind to the enzyme.