Subject Outcomes. Preservice teachers will be able to discuss the role of language and culture in education and social action; develop a range of appropriate strategies for teaching language and literacy which reflect the needs and preferred learning styles of learners;
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. HEB1020 Semester 2 2005
2. Subject Outcomes
Preservice teachers will
· be able to discuss the role of language and culture in education and social action;
· develop a range of appropriate strategies for teaching language and literacy which reflect the needs and preferred learning styles of learners;
· recognise and acquire specific strategies which address the socio-cultural perspective of learners, such as language background, social and economic background, gender;
· use information technology in planning, teaching and evaluating learning in language and literacy;
· document approaches to literacy education which demonstrate how philosophical inquiry can enhance teaching and learning in partnership settings;
3. Language Education and Culture · How do young people acquire language?
· Critical perspectives on literacy? Literacy as means of access to educational success
· Planning for English and literacy teaching: Curriculum Standards Framework and other curriculum guides; lesson and unit planning; choosing & using resources; evaluating lessons and teaching; current literacy programs in schools.
The understandings of socio-cultural issues such as gender, race, class in constructing a learning environment? How do teachers investigate and build on the socio-cultural needs of learners?
Strategies for teaching English as a Second Language
Case Writing as an approach to describing and understanding practice.
5. Class Contact Tute Groups- located on website
6. Assessment- Melton Campus Partnership Report - Satisfactory pass
Research Report- 14th Sept
Case and Commentary- 12th Oct
Partnership Portfolio- 26th Oct
7. Lecture and Tutorial Series See website
Text Book- Improving Your Practicum(2002). Author: Geraldine McBurney- Fry. Social Science Press: Australia. Book shop is opened from 10-1 today
You will have a series of readings and activities that you will need to complete. It is your responsibility to be up to date with this