NIH 101: What You Need to Know! Lana Shekim, PhD, NIDCD ASHA LfS ’08 Conference. Outline. NIDCD Mission in Research on Human Communication Brief Orientation to NIH Research Project Grant Programs (R03, R21, R01) The People Behind Them (Program, Review, Grants Management). NIDCD.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
NIH 101: What You Need to Know!Lana Shekim, PhD, NIDCDASHA LfS ’08 Conference
National Institute on Aging (NIA) (http://www.nia.nih.gov/)
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) (http://www.nichd.nih.gov/)
National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) (http://www.nimh.nih.gov/)
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) (http://www.ninds.nih.gov/)
To identify major opportunities and gaps in biomedical research that no single institute at NIH could tackle alone but that the agency as a whole must address, to make the biggest impact on the progress of medical research.
1. Lack of an original idea
2. Diffuse, unfocused, or superficial research plan
3. Lack of knowledge of published relevant work
4. Lack of experience in essential methodology
5. Uncertainty concerning future directions
6. Questionable reasoning in experimental approach
7. Absence of acceptable scientific rationale
8. Unrealistically large amount of work
9. Lack of sufficient experimental detail
10. Uncritical approach
Go for it
& good luck!