ECMI Ethnopolitical Map of Europe. The Ethnopolitical Map of Europe is intended to cover all European states and conflict regions, including those in the Caucasus. Extensive, authoritative information can be found here relating to background, statistics, current situation and international respon
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. ECMI Ethnopolitical Map of Europe
2. ECMI Ethnopolitical Map of Europe
The Ethnopolitical Map of Europe is intended to cover all European states and conflict regions, including those in the Caucasus. Extensive, authoritative information can be found here relating to background, statistics, current situation and international response, national legislation, bibliography and relevant internet links. This flagship project has been designed by the European Centre for Minority Issues (ECMI) to meet the information needs of those searching for current, credible information on conflict regions of Europe. While there is indeed a multitude of web sites on the internet that provide bits and pieces of information on specific countries or conflict regions, the quality of this information can at best be characterized as uneven. In addition, to date there is no central clearing-house web site on the internet that provides all of the information referred to above in a timely, consistent and reliable way. This project is undertaken in conjunction with the COMIR project Minority Rights Information System (MIRIS) of the European Academy in Bolzano in order to avoid unnecessary duplication of efforts. For this presentation, I include the List of Documents from the Romania documents section below. This list shows the comprehensive nature of the documents included here.
3. Ethnopolitical Map of Europe Production
The ECMI Ethnopolitical Map of Europe has three stages of production. In the first stage, documents are collected from the internet in terms of the appropriate international actors. In the next stage, the documents are put into word format with appropriate fonts. In this stage, the documents are then put together into one word document no longer than approximately 600 pages. Also in this stage, a separate word document list is produced. In the final stage, the produced word documents are then transferred to PDF format and posted on the web.
4. Completed Ethnopolitical Map Entries The following entries have been completed as of 19 September, 2006. Romania Chechnya Northern Ireland Macedonia Bosnia & Herzegovina Slovenia In addition, the documents sections for the following entries have been completed. Estonia Latvia Moldova
5. External Feedback on the Ethnopolitical Map
An Associate Professor of Political Science from a university in California wrote that the Northern Ireland entry was useful both for his students and for him in the preparation of his lessons. The Asian Studies WWW Monitor of 18 June 2004 rated the scholarly value of the Chechnya entry to be very useful, and gave it four stars out of five.
6. Documents List of Romania Entry III. Documents on current situation and international response A. OSCE – High Commissioner on National Minorities (HCNM) 1. Remarks to the Meeting of Romania’s Council for National Minorities, 18 August 1993 2. Letter from the CSCE HCNM to the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Romania, 9 September 1993 3. Minister of State, Minister of Foreign Affairs answer of September 18, 1993, 18 September 1993
7. Documents List (cont’d) 4. Minister of State, Minister of Foreign Affairs answer, 30 May 1994 5. Statement by HCNM on the occasion of the mission to Romania on 28-31 August 1995, 1 September 1995 6. Letter from HCNM to the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Romania, 26 February 1996 7. Minister of State, Minister of Foreign Affairs’ Answer
8. Documents List (cont‘d) 8. Letter from HCNM to the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Romania, 2 March 1998 9. Answer of Minister of Foreign Affairs, 30 March 1998 10. HCNM Statement on Romania, 8 October 1998 11. Letter from Minister of Foreign Affairs of Romania to HCNM, 30 March 1998 12. HCNM Recommendations on concept of multi-culturalism at the Babes-Bolyai University, 17 February 2000 13. Letter from HCNM to the Rector of Babes-Bolyai University, 30 March 2000
9. Documents List (cont‘d) B. Council of Europe – Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities 1. State Report to Council of Europe FCNM submitted by Romania, 24 June 1999 2. NGO Parallel Report, October 1999 3. Advisory Council Opinion, 6 April 2001 4. Comments of the Government of Romania, 28 August 2001
5. Committee of Ministers Resolution, 13 March 2002
10. Documents List (cont‘d) Council of Europe – Parliamentary Assembly 1. Recommendation 1114 on the situation of minorities in Romania (1989), 26 September 1989 2. Recommendation 1201 on an additional protocol on the rights of national minorities to the European Convention on Human Rights (1993), 1 February 1993
11. Documents List (cont‘d) 3. Opinion No. 176 on the application by Romania for membership of the Council of Europe, 28 September 1993 4. Resolution 1123 on the honouring of obligations and commitments by Romania (2001), 24 April 1997 5. Recommendation 1326 (1997) on the honouring of obligations and commitments by Romania, 24 April 1997 6. Recommendation 1521 Csango minority culture in Romania (2001), 23 May 2001
12. Documents List (cont‘d) D. Council of Europe – European Commission on Racial Intolerance (ECRI) 1. Report on Romania, 13 March 1999 (CRI (99) 9) 2. Second report on Romania, 23 April 2002 E. Council of Europe – Commissioner for Human Rights 1. Report on the visit to Romania 5-9 October 2002, 27 November 2002 (CommDH(2002)13
13. Documents List (cont‘d) F. Council of Europe – Venice Commission 1. Opinion on the Draft Revision of the Romanian Constitution, 5-6 July 2002 (Opinion No. 169/2001_rou, CDL-AD (2002)12) 2. Supplementary Opinion on the Revision of the Constitution of Romania, 22 October 2002 (CDL-AD (2002) 21, Opinion no. 169/2001) 3. Opinion on the Draft Revision of the Constitution of Romania, 18 March 2003 (CDL-AD (2003) 4, Opinion No. 169/2001
14. Documents List (cont‘d) 4. Opinion on the Draft Law concerning the Support to Romanians Living Abroad, 23 June 2004 (CDL-AD (2004)020, Opinion No. 299/2004 5. Opinion on the Draft Law concerning the Support to Romanians Living Abroad, 26 August 2004 (CDL-AD /(2004)020rev, Opinion No. 299/2004
15. Documents List (cont‘d) G. European Union – Enlargement Reports 1. Regular Report, 1998
2. Regular Report, 1999 3. Regular Report, 2000 4. Regular Report, 2001 5. Regular Report, 2002 6. Regular Report, 2003
16. Documents List (cont‘d) H. Bilateral Treaties 1. Treaty between Romania and the Federal Republic of Germany on Friendly Co-operation and Partnership in Europe, 1991 [extract] 2. Treaty on Friendship, Good Neighbourhood and Co-operation between Romania and the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia, 1996 [extract]
17. Documents List (cont‘d) 3. Treaty on Understanding, Co-operation and Good Neighbourhood between Romania and the Republic of Hungary, 1996 [extract] 4. Treaty on Good Neighbourhood and Co-operation between Romania and Ukraine, 1997 [extract]
Thank you for your kind attention.