Permutations and Combinations. 6.7. Bell Work. Without looking at your notes, find the 5 th term. Counting Principle. In how many ways can 5 kids line up for play time?. Factorial. Sample Problems. How many 4 digit PIN codes are possible using only numbers?.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Permutations and Combinations
2. How many 4 digit PIN codes are possible using numbers and letters?
3. How many 6 digit license plates are possible if the first 3 digits are numbers and the last 3 digits are letters, but none of the numbers can repeat?
A permutation is an arrangement of items in a particular order.
1. In how many ways can you arrange six trophies on a shelf?
2. Seven boats enter a race. How many arrangements of first, second, and third are possible?
3. There are ten players on a basketball team. In how many ways can a starting lineup of five players be chosen?
4. Three positions (President, Vice-president, and Secretary) must be filled out of 15 applicants. How many ways are possible?
5. How many 4 digit PIN codes are possible using only numbers, if no number can be used more than once?
6. How many ways can the letters of the word DERF be arranged?
A combination is a selection in which order does not matter.
1. How many three person committees can be formed out of five people?
2. Seven boats enter a race. The first three boats will all win equal prizes. How many different combinations of winners are possible?
3. Fifty boys are trying out for soccer. Only twenty-five of them will make the team. How many teams are possible?
4. Ten candidates are running for three seats in the student government. How many groups of three are possible?
5. A pizzeria offers 10 different toppings. In how many ways can you choose four toppings?
Pg. 342 #11-31 odd, 46-49 all