What is a concrete or abstract noun?. Concrete NounNames a thing that is tangible (can be seen, touched, heard, smelled, or tasted).Concrete nouns are either common or proper.. Abstract NounNames an idea, a condition, or a feeling. In other words, something that can not be eaten, seen, heard, or
1. Concrete and Abstract Nouns
2. What is a concrete or abstract noun? Concrete Noun
Names a thing that is tangible (can be seen, touched, heard, smelled, or tasted).
Concrete nouns are either common or proper. Abstract Noun
Names an idea, a condition, or a feeling.
In other words, something that can not be eaten, seen, heard, or smelled.
3. Examples of Concrete nouns
I petted the dog.
The monkey stole my little sister’s banana.
Asya ate my cookie!
4. Examples of Abstract Nouns
James felt sadness because he lost his hamster.
Robin was overcome with happiness when her dad gave her the dog on Christmas.
5. Practice Makes Perfect!!! Concrete Nouns
The puppy was filled with sadness when the dog stole his bone.
My cat ate a rat for lunch.
Many people are vegetarians, which means they don’t eat
I love to eat ice cream because it is very sweet.
The marching band played a song during the parade.
The swimmer has a lot of strength.
Ben’s heart was filled with happiness when he saw his first paycheck.
The policewoman was given a trophy for courage.
If I had a million dollars, I’d get rid of all the poverty in the world.
I feel hunger after I play basketball.
6. Great work!!! You have earned some free time. Play this game for more practice on concrete and abstract nouns.
7. Congrats! You now have the power to know what a Concrete or Abstract noun is!
Hopefully we have taught you what you need to know.
We hope you enjoyed this presentation!