SEMINAR ON SELF EMULSIFYING DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEM. BY J.NAGARAJU M.PHARMACY II SEMESTER 2010 DEPARTMENT OF PHARMACEUTICS, UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES, KAKATIYA UNIVERSITY, WARANGAL. CONTENTS. INTRODUCTION DEFINITION AND ADVANTAGES FORMULATION OF SEDDS
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
SEMINARONSELF EMULSIFYING DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEM
M.PHARMACY II SEMESTER
DEPARTMENT OF PHARMACEUTICS,
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES,
KAKATIYA UNIVERSITY, WARANGAL.
ADVANTAGES OF SEDDS
physically stable formulation that are easy to manufacture.
DRAWBACK OF SEDDS:
different degrees of saturation have been used for the formulation of SEDDSs.
Examples of surfactants:
Examples of cosolvents:
According to Reiss
Polarity of the Lipid Phase:
Droplet size and zeta potential are measured by Zeta sizer
3000 HAS (malvern instruments , UK) able to measure size between 10 to 3000nm.
3.In vitro diffusion studies:
This test is carried out by dialysis technique. Drug is placed in
dialysis tube which is kept in USP dissolution apparatus II containing 900ml of dialysis medium at 370C and stirred at 100rpm.
3.Thermodynamic stability studies:
4.Dispersibility test :
The efficiency of self-emulsification of oral nano or micro emulsion is assessed by using a standard USP XXII dissolution apparatus 2 for dispersibility test. One millilitre of each formulation was added in 500 mL of water at 37 ± 1 0C at 50 rpm. It passes the test
6.Refractive Index and Percent Transmittance:
7.Electro Conductivity Study:
ROLE OF LIPOLYSIS:
POSITIVELY CHARGED SEDDS:
interactions of positively charged droplets with the mucosal surface of the everted rat intestine are mainly responsible for the preferential uptake of the model drug cyclosporine A (CsA) from positively charged droplets .
1.Improvement in Solubility and Bioavailability:
Protection against Biodegradation:
DIFFERENT DOSAGE FORMS OF S-SEDDS:
RECENT APPROACHES IN SEDDS
MARKETED PRODUCTS OF SEEDS
11. R.N. Gursoy and S. Benita, "Self-emulsifying drug delivery systems for improved oral delivery of lipophilic drugs," Biomedicine and Pharmacotherapy 58, 2004, 173-182
12. Pouton CW. Formulation of self-emulsifying drug delivery systems. Adv Drug Del Rev 1997; 25: 47-58.
13. Aungst BJ. Novel formulation strategies for improving oral bioavailability of drugs with poor membrane permeation or presystemic metabolism. J Pharm Sci 1993; 82: 979-87.
14. Charman SA, Charman WN, Rogge MC, Wilson TD, Dutko FJ and Pouton CW. Self-emulsifying systems: formulation and biological evaluation of an investigative lipophilic compound. Pharm. Res. 9: 87-94(1992).
15. Groves MJ and Mustafa RMA. Measurement of the “spontaneity” of self-emulsifiable oils. J Pharm Pharmacol 26: 672-688(1974).