Earth, Sun, & Moon. 5 th Grade Science Bundle 1. Welcome Explorers!. Buckle up your seatbelts and hang on! We are going to BLAST OFF for an exciting journey through space. We will visit the Sun, the Moon and the planet called Earth. ???????????.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Earth, Sun, & Moon
5th Grade ScienceBundle 1
Buckle up your seatbelts and hang on!
We are going to BLAST OFF for an exciting journey through space. We will visit the Sun, the Moon and the planet called Earth.
These are some of the questions we will be investigating through co-operative groups!!
Are you ready to Blast Off into our Solar System ?
Hang on for a ride to the Sun, Moon and the Earth.
You will experience all different kinds of atmospheres, so be prepared to have your space suit ready !
1. How big is the sun ?
2. How hot is the sun ?
3. How heavy is the sun ?
4. How far away is the sun ?
5. How old is the sun ?
6. What kind of star is the sun ?
7. What galaxy is the sun in ?
8. What are the parts of the sun we can see ?
9. How do scientists study the sun ?
10. Why do we see different colors in the sun ?
1. How does the sun affect the air we breathe ?
2. How does the sun affect the behavior or habits of animals ?
3. How does the sun affect plants?
4. How does the sun help us see rainbows ?
5. Why do we have seasons ?
6. How is the sun used to tell time? How has it been used to tell time in the past ?
7. What part does the sun play in the water cycle?
1. How do we get light and heat on Earth ?
2. What causes the sun to shine ?
3. What is the sun made of ?
4. What is going on inside the sun ?
5. Will the sun ever burn out ?
6. What part of the sun is the hottest ?
7. What are solar flares ?
8. What is an eclipse ?
9. Why do eclipses happen ?
10. What causes an eclipse ?
11. What are three different types of eclipses ?
12. What is the difference between a partial eclipse, a total eclipse, and an annular eclipse?
1. What are some sicknesses the sun can cause ?
2. What is the most common heat disease and how do you get it ?
3. What makes the weather ?
4. What types of weather does the sun cause ?
5. How does the sun affect the farmer's work ?
6. How does the sun affect the weatherman's job?
1. What would our planet be like without the sun?
2. What does the sun help us to enjoy ?
3. Tell about some jobs that are affected by the sun and how the sun affects their job.
Do not include the farmer or the weatherman, as Dr. Danger will find out about them.
4. What happens to a person who is in the sun too long ?
5. What can you do to protect yourself from being harmed by the sun ?
1. What is the surface of the moon like ?
2. Is there any atmosphere on the moon ? Is there any sound on the moon?
3. Do we ever see all of the sides of the moon? When did we see the far side of the moon and by whom ?
4. If you were on the moon, what is the sky like and what could you see ?
5. How far away is the moon from Earth ?
6. How often does the moon revolve around Earth ?
7. How big is the moon ?
8. What is the temperature on the moon?
9. Why do we only see 1 side of the moon?
10. Find 2 myths about the moon from other countries or cultures?
11. Find out about the legend of the man on the moon.
1. What is the inside of the moon like?
2. Name the inside layers of the moon.
3. What caused all of the cracks on the moon?
4. How big are the craters?
5. What are the "seas" on the moon?
6. How was the moon formed?
7. What is a blue moon?
1) What are tides?
2) What causes tides to happen?
3)Who was the first person to explain tides scientifically and when?
4) What is a spring tide and why does it happen?
5) What is a neap tide and why does is happen?
6) What is a lunar eclipse?
7) How often does a lunar eclipse happen?
8) Explain what a total eclipse is and a partial eclipse.
1) Who was the first person to set foot on the moon? And what did he say?
2) When did we land on the moon?
3) How many moon rocks were brought back?
4) How old is the moon?
5) When did people begin to explore space?
1)Name some of the foods that astronauts eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
2) How do the prepare some of their meals?
3) What do astronauts wear for their shuttle launch, and what do they wear once in space?
4) What's in a space suit?
5)Tell about some of the work they do in space?
6) Name some of the future missions of NASA to explore space.
1) What is atmosphere?
2) What makes up the Earth's atmosphere?
3) How thick is the Earth's atmosphere?
4) Name the layers of the atmosphere?
5) What is the Greenhouse Effect and what does it do?
6) What is the range of temperature on Earth?
7) How do clouds form?
8) How are clouds defined and name 3 types of clouds.
9) Why is the sky blue?
10) How fast is the Earth spinning around it's axis?
11) How fast is the Earth revolving around the sun?
12) How fast is the Solar System moving around the Milky Way Galaxy?
13) How far is the sun in light years from the center of the Milky Way Galaxy?
14) How many natural satellites do we have? What is it?
15) Who are the people who calculated the mass of the Earth?
1) What causes the Earth's seasons?
2) Why is summer warmer than winter?
3) What is a solstice? When is the winter solstice and summer solstice?
4) What is an Equinox and when is it?
5) In what months would it be better for farmers in the northern hemisphere to plant their crops? Why?
1) What are the layers of Earth?
2) What temperature does the core of the Earth reach?
3) Describe the inner core and the outer core.
4) How thick is the mantle?
5) What is the temperature of the mantle?
6) What is the surface and crust composed of?
7) What is the crust divided into?
8) How do the plates moves?
9) What can the movement of the plates cause to happen?
10) How many planets are we away from the sun?
11) Do any other planets support life?
12) How big is the Earth?
13) How fast must and object go to escape Earth's gravitational pull?
14) How long is one day on Earth exactly?
15) How long does it take the Earth to go around the Sun once?
16)What covers the surface of the Earth? (tell all the different things you would find.)
1) What is a volcano?
2) What are some of the types of volcanoes?
3) What is magma?
4) What is lava?
5) Where is the largest volcano on Earth?
6) How big is the biggest volcano?
7) Describe the different parts of a volcano.
1) How much of the Earth's surface is covered by oceans?
2) Do any other planets have liquid water?
3) How does the ocean affect the weather and temperature?
4) Why are the oceans salty?
5) Where is the saltiest water and least salty?
6) Name the 4 major oceans. Which is the biggest ocean?
7) What causes oceans waves?
8) What causes the tides?
9) Why is the ocean blue?
10) What is the water cycle? Describe what happens?