Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Affluence and Anxiety Chapter 23
7. Discussion Question part one 1. 1. Suppose you were John Parker, the black Alabama sharecropper who moved North during World War I. Describe the hopes related to your decision to move to the North and analyze the degree to which you were able to fulfill those hopes during the 1920s.
2. After World War I, fear of communism generally permeated attitudes among the American people. Explain the reasons for the development of this fear and discuss the events that reflect this fear in American society during the 1920s.
8. Discussion Question part one 3. Discuss the general attitude of native-born white Americans toward immigrants during the 1920s.
4. Explain the reasons for the revival of the Ku Klux Klan during the 1920s and evaluate the extent to which the Klan was able to attain its goals successfully.
5. Suppose you belonged to a middle-class family during the 1920s. Describe what would probably have been characteristic of your lifestyle during that period.
9. Discussion Question part two 1. Discuss the major technological and business innovations that promoted economic prosperity in the United States during the 1920s.
2. Suppose that you were a black intellectual living in New York City and observing the various aspects of black life in the United States during the 1920s. Describe what you would consider the major aspects of black life and culture during that period.
11. Discussion Question part two 3. Pretend that you are reporting for a contemporary women's magazine concerning the conditions of women during the 1920s. How would you describe the lifestyle of women in each class of American society, and how would you evaluate the change, if any, in the rights and opportunities for women in that period?
13. Discussion Question part two 4. Discuss the philosophy of the three Republican presidents of the 1920s and evaluate their handling of the major developments in American domestic and foreign policies during their administrations.
5. Discuss the events that indicate the survival of progressivism during the 1920s