Florida PSEP Status Update. October 2012. Scope of Problem in Florida. 1200% increase in production of Oxycodone from 8.7 tons in 1997 to 105 tons in 2010.(St. Pete Times 10/30/11)
Source: Florida Agency for Health Care Administration Emergency Department and Inpatient Hospital Datasets
Armstrong, Brooke Baker, Carol Scoggins, Kris-Tena
Albers,LynnMarie Firehammer, Jennifer Highland
Biggest challenge: Team member turn-over at the state level
Florida will be a state where every child is born substance free and lives in a family that promotes healthy growth and development
March of Dimes
1=Danielle/Rhonda, 2=Chris, 3=Lori/Patti, 4=Jane, 5=Kay,6=Judi; 7-Dixie,, 9-Mari,10=Jane B,, 11=Jennifer Highland
Travelers= RED; Non travel team = green
Drug Rx Centers
Community Drug Coalitions
Strategy 1: Work with physicians and providers serving on MOD workgroups to develop at least one clinical guideline or protocol for screening and brief interventions for pregnant women and infants.
1.Literature review of effective screening tools and brief interventions
2. Obtain buy-in from PAMR
3. Pilot screening tools in Pinellas, Alaucha Hillsborough Counties, etc
4 . Engage Healthy Start to implement screening and brief intervention statewide
piloting in Florida
Strategy 1 MOD workgroups to develop at least one clinical guideline or protocol for screening and brief interventions for pregnant women and infants.: Work with physicians and providers serving on MOD workgroups to develop at least one clinical guideline or protocol for screening and brief interventions for pregnant women and infants by October 20, 2012Pilot of Screening & Brief Intervention
Strategy 2: Identify MOD workgroups to develop at least one clinical guideline or protocol for screening and brief interventions for pregnant women and infants.and implement guidelines/ protocols for treatment of pregnant women and newborns by clinicians. Raise awareness/train clinicians.
1. Conduct literature review of effective opioid treatment
2. Reviewed protocols and identified best/promising practices-
a. Identify evidence based protocols
3. Create protocols where gaps exist
4. Obtain buy-in from clinical groups to implement the protocols
5. Develop logic model related to clinical protocols
1. Develop logic model pertaining to education
2. Develop and offer educational program for non clinical staff including home visitors and child welfare staff.
3. Develop and offer educational program for clinical staff (nurses/OB offices, treatment, etc)
4. Develop educational program for non clinical staff
5. Find funding for educational programs.
a. Apply for MOD funding to support educational component
b. Find out what other agencies can provide to support education
Develop educational program for CPIs.
1948 individuals were trained statewide by Dixie Morgese
& early childhood educators was provided in March 2012.
of Statewide Conference/Summit on December 14, 2012
substance misusing women
and their infants initiated in
Pinellas Co. (MIECHV funded)