Catalyst – February 3(10)-7, 2010. Please place Progress Report Reflection Homework on your desk. What is a valence electron? What are the 3 subatomic particles? How do you find the mass of an atom?. Today’s Agenda. Catalyst Remastery Day! Drawing Atoms Protons, Neutrons, Electrons
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Please place Progress Report Reflection Homework on your desk.
1) J.J. Thomson’s Cathode Ray Experiment showed evidence of a negative part in neutral atoms. Which of the following parts of John Dalton’s atomic theory was rejected by J.J. Thompson’s experiment?
2) Which of the following scientists did not think the atom was divisible?
3) Describe the Plum Pudding Model of the atom with words and a drawing.
4) Draw a basic atom using what you know about the Bohr model.
5) A) Who discovered the electron? B) Why was the discovery of the electron so important?
1) How many protons, neutrons, and electrons are in an atom of Calcium-41?
2) How many protons, neutrons, and electrons are in an atom of Vanadium-51?
3) Which element has 47 protons?
4) Name the isotope that has 32 protons and 39 neutrons.
5)An unknown particle has an electron shot at it by a cathode ray. The electron is deflected by the unknown particle so the unknown particle is…
6)Which of the following particles can be ignored when determining the atomic mass of an atom?
7)The number of neutrons, along with an unidentified particle, makes up the atomic mass of an atom. What is this unidentified particle?
Alkaline Earth Metals
1) How many electrons can fit into the 3p orbital?
2) How many electrons can fit into the 4d orbital?
3) How many electrons can fit into the 1s orbital?
4) An atom has only 1 electron. Which atomic orbital will it be in according to the Quantum Model of the atom (Schrodinger’s model)?
5) An atom has only 7 electrons. Write the electron configuration of this atom. Which element is it?
6) Write the electron configuration for Titanium (Ti). Then, circle the valence electrons. How many valence electrons does Ti have?
2 + 2 = 4!