Catalyst. Put this Catalyst on the same sheet of paper you used yesterday. Check your Week 15 notes if you don’t know the answers! 1. Ionic bonds are between a _________ and a _________. 2. In covalent bonds, electrons are __________.
Put this Catalyst on the same sheet of paper you used yesterday. Check your Week 15 notes if you don’t know the answers!
Get out a sheet of notebook paper and do the Catalyst!
1. All ionic compounds are named the same way, with two exceptions. What are these exceptions? (check your notes!)
2. Write the formula for the ionic compound formed by Li and S. (find stable charges and krisskross)
3. What is the name of the compound formed by Fe+2 and Cl-1?
4. What is the name AND chemical formula of the compound formed by calcium and sulfate. (you will need to check your notes for sulfate)
2. True or false: K and S would form potassium sulfide
3. What is the correct name for the compound formed by Fe(II) and Br?
4. Write the correct name AND formula for the compound formed by Ca and At
5. What is the correct name for this compound: Al(OH)3?
d. Aluminum hydroxide(III)
Silver (III) Sulfide
2. What is the chemical formula for barium carbonate?
3. What is the name of the following compound: H2(SO4)?
a. Hydride sulfate
b. Hydrogen sulfate
c. Hydrogen sulfite
4. True or false: Aluminum(III) sulfide would be the correct name for Al2S3
5. Write the chemical formula for iron(III) sulfide