Lacrosse Lesson. Name ___________________________ Period ___________________________ Date ____________________________. FIELD DIAGRAM. 3. Wing Area. 1. Sideline . 2. Attack Area. 4. Goal. 10. Attackmen. 5. Goal Area. 9. Goalie . 6. End Line. 7 . Defensemen .
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
3. Wing Area
2. Attack Area
5. Goal Area
6. End Line
11. A regulation Lacrosse team consists of ________ players.
12. The game begins on the midfield line with a ________.
13. A team consists of _______ attackers, _______ defensemen, ______ midfielders,
and _____ goalie.
14. The attackers must remain in the attack area and the defensemen must remain in
the defensive area, but the midfielders are ________ to roam.
15. The ___________ is the only player allowed to enter the goal area.
16. The object of the game is to score by placing the ________ in the net as many
times as possible.
18. If there is a loose ball, body contact can only occur from above the _______and
below the __________.
19. Overly aggressive body checking will result in a player’s __________.
20. ________ is running with the ball and moving your stick side to side protecting
it safely in the net.
Dominant hand at top of stick, non-dominant hand towards end of stick.
Twist body back, waist, hips, torso & shoulders turned back..
Back hand above front hand, front elbow up, body weight on back foot.
Quickly twist body back around & transfer your weight forward.
Pull front hand-push back hand-extend arms/snap wrists releasing ball.
Give the thrower a big target. Pocket of stick above shoulder..
Place top hand below middle of stick & lower hand at bottom.
Adjust the face of lacrosse stick to receive ball in a flat position.
Relax arms as ball approaches & allow the stick to “give” a little.
Watch the ball all the way into your pocket & cradle the ball.
Bend your knees & lower the middle of your body toward the ball.
Extend lacrosse stick directly in front. Stick parallel with the ground.
Aim stick so that the stick will hit the ground directly behind the ball.
Pick up ball with a shoveling motion.
Once ball is in basket, bring ball up towards your eyes.